springbok n : a South African gazelle noted for springing lightly into the air [syn: springbuck, Antidorcas marsupialis, Antidorcas euchore]
- A small antelope native to southern Africa.
Springbok can have the following meanings:
- Springbok (antelope), a small antelope inhabiting southern and western Africa.
- South Africa national rugby union team, known as the Springboks.
- Springbok colours, formerly awarded to South African sportsmen and women representing the country in international competition
- Springbok, Northern Cape, a town in South Africa.
- Springbok, the callsign of South African Airways
springbok in German: Springbock
springbok in French: Springbok
springbok in Dutch: Springbok